2024-25 Registration Packet - Grades TK - 6
Welcome to Creek View School! Your child will need to meet the following requirements for Kindergarten registration:
1. Birth Certificate - You must by law show proof of your child’s birthday. The preferred document is a certified copy of the legal birth certificate. We will make a copy of the birth certificate and retain it in your child’s cum file. The original will be returned to the parent. Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, of the corresponding school year.
2. Immunization Card - All immunizations must be current according to the county of San Bernardino Health Department (see attachment for requirements). Records must be shown so that we may make a copy for your child’s cum file. There must be a doctor’s signature or stamp next to each immunization date given.
3. Proof of Residency - One of the following documentation is required: A utility bill for the current month, deed to home (escrow papers), or rental agreement .
4. Physical Examination - Our District requires that your child be given a physical examination by a Health Examiner before entering Kindergarten. If this physical is given after February 1st it will meet the state of California requirement for first grade entry which states that the physical must be given within the prior 18 months of the start of first grade. All of the required tests and evaluation section Part II must be completed.
5. Oral Health Assessment – California law, Education Code Section 49452.8, requires all incoming kindergartners have an oral health assessment (dental check-up). The law specifies that the assessment must be done by a licensed dentist or other registered dental health professional. The assessment must be done within one year of beginning Kindergarten.
Please bring all completed paperwork back as soon as possible in order to get your child’s name on a class list. No partial paperwork packets can be accepted. Only students with complete registration packets will be placed on a class list.
If we can be of any possible help, please do not hesitate to call the school office at (909) 947-8385.
Health Care Provider’s Guide to the Requirements of
The California School Immunization Law
Reference: Health and Safety Code, Sections 120325-120375 (formerly Sections 3380-3390);
California Code of Regulations, Title 17, Sections 6000-6075
Children must have their immunizations before they can attend school or child care in California. Parents must present their child’s Immunization Record to school or childcare staff prior to admission as proof of immunization. Health care providers are required to give or update the parent’s copy of the child’s Immunization Record whenever these immunizations are administered. Children who have not completed all immunizations will be admitted if they are up-to-date, provided they obtain the next vaccines when due.
Requirements for School Entry (TK-12)
- Polio - 4 doses, but 3 doses are enough if at least one was given after the 4th birthday.
- DTP/DtaP/DT/Td - 5 doses at any age, but 4 doses meet requirements for ages 4-6 years if the last dose was given on or after the 4th birthday.
- MMR - 2 doses for kindergarten entry, both given on or after the 1st birthday, effective 8/97.
- Hepatitis B - 3 doses for kindergarten entry, effective 8/97
- Varicella - 2 doses for kindergarten entry, effective 7/19.
The State of California requires that all students have a physical examination performed by a physician within 18 months of starting 1st grade. If your child has a physical exam done after February 1st of the year he starts Kindergarten, this will fulfill this requirement. If your child has a physical prior to February 1st of the year he starts Kindergarten, or if he is retained in Kindergarten for another year, another physical exam will be required prior to the beginning of 1st grade. Please stop by the school office for the doctor's form or download the form below.
Oral Health Assessment Form
To make sure your child is ready for school, California law, Education Code Section 49452.8, now requires that your child have an oral health assessment (dental check-up) by May 31st in either Kindergarten or first grade, whichever is his first year in public school. Assessments that have happened within the 12 months before your child enters school also meet this requirement. The law specifies that the assessment must be done by a licensed dentist or other licensed or registered dental health professional. Please click on the form below to download the form for the dentist office.
Oral Health Assessment
Transitional Kindergarten is the first of a two-year Kindergarten program. Your child must be 5 years old between September 2, 2024 - June 2, 2025, in order to be eligible to attend TK for the 24-25 school year. Student immunization requirements are the same for TK as for Kindergarten.
If you would like more information, please contact our school office at (909) 947-8385.